Buy angling gear to the value of £280 or more and you can apply to finance your purchase, spreading the cost over a period to suit your budget.
Your purchase can consist of one item worth £280 or more, multiples of the same item (ie two or three of the same rod or reel) with a combined value of over £280, or several items with a combined value of over £280.
You can apply for your finance online or in one of our stores...
Checking out online can be done in under five minutes..
The Nash Soluballs are a round heavily compressed boilie pellet that include 40-50% of the same ingredients that you’d find in a quality freezer bait. Soluballs absorb water quickly when introduced to a swim expanding and breaking down in just 15 minutes, making them the perfect bait for short summer sessions. We have managed to secure a limited quantity of this awesome Nash bait at very special prices, all individual products in the promo are half price with even better value available with our multi-buy deals! Order yours now as these will sell out fast!
THERE’S been huge advancement over recent seasons in the variety of baits and baiting tactics used to encourage carp to feed hard. Gary Bayes and the Nashbait crew came up with Soluballs – a new twist to help improve flexibility in your baiting situation when relying on boilies as your key feed. Here’s what they’re about…
1. Based on the same manufacturing as ball pellets, which fell from favour slowly after their launch in the 1990s, Soluballs are a round, heavily compressed boilie pellet. Unlike the ball pellets of yesteryear, which contained little of any food value, Soluballs include 40-50 per cent of the same ingredients that you’d find in a quality freezer bait, giving you a fast breakdown feed that dissolves to leave a food and attractor in your swim.
2. Available in 18 and 24 mm, Soluballs are a dry feed that absorb water quickly when introduced to a swim, expanding and breaking down in 15 minutes at summer temperatures. They work best on a ratio of one-third quality boilies to two-thirds Soluballs. Gary Bayes tells me he’s noticed how even when the broken down feed from a Soluball has been eaten, carp return to look for more, much more so than with stick mixes and groundbaits.
3. The Nash boys have found the largest Soluballs can be fed up to an incredible 130 yards with a slingshot, treating them exactly like small groundbait balls. They also go from a throwing stick up to 100 yards, or catapult long distances accurately. As they are lightweight, swims can be topped up with minimal disturbance, giving the user tactical advantages when tackling cagey fish.
4. Carp like soft, easy food, and I’m confident Soluballs encourage more confident feeding in the same way that washed-out or rehydrated boilies do. Adding a few to cobweb bags along with whole or broken boilies gives you a high-attract trap that resembles a pile of baits that have been around much longer than they really have. Where birds are a problem over baited areas Soluballs also see feathered pests give up when they’ve broken down.
5. Soluballs are available to match many of the popular Nash freezer and shelf-life recipes, including Scopex Squid, Scopex Squid Red, Amber Strawberry, iC-1, Mach-1 and, in the classic range, Scopex, Tutti, White Chocolate, Shellfish and Strawberry. Whilst I’m sure most of the interest will be from existing users of the Nashbait range, I’m sure a few Soluballs in the swim will be an advantage, whether the boilies you are using match the Soluballs you are using, or not.
Middys Tips, Tactics & Tackle - An Essential Read!
Edition 2 of 'Tips, Tactics & Tackle' is now available to read online. Full of tips from top anglers including Marc Rodger, Craig Butterfield, Simon Skelton and Lee Thornton, this 16 page brochure really is an essential read for anglers who want to increase their knowledge and catch potential. Just click on the front cover below to be taken to the digitalised online version:
For the full range of MIDDY items we sell please click HERE
The new Stillwater BPXWLS 3+1 receiver set. Set to be one of our best selling alarm sets of 2013, This incredible alarm set comes with 3 alarms (red,yellow and blue) and a wireless receiver you also get the batteries included in the set. Smart looking alarms that have been field tested and refined over the 18 months to ensure that they offer performance, features and reliability way above there price point.
This smart and stylish range of luggage from Korum is specifically designed for the commercial angler. The holdall is designed for up to four rods and a pole, the carryall is large enough for all your bait, nets and accessories.
Greys rods are widely regarded as some of the best rods in the business. We have a selection of some of the best Greys match rods, Barbel rods, and specimen rods available. Now with up to 40% off! Limited stocks, first come first served!
The pinnacle of coarse rod manufacturing, the Marksman rods are simply as good as it gets. This is a very special and limited opportunity to get your hands on a £400 rod for a snip of the normal price! Limited stocks, these will sell out fast!
THE 12FT 3LB CHAPMANS ANGLING STILLWATER BPX ROD ticked a lot of boxes for Duncan. ‘All the rods tested were good, and it was difficult to pick a winner. The Stillwater BPX carp rod featured everything needed in a carp rod as well as retaining an enjoyable, balanced feel, along with an amazing price tag,’ he reported. This 17 lb common (pictures below, right), plus four more doubles helped Duncan put the Stillwater BPX through its paces. ‘It was a sheer joy to play fish on,’ he added.
The TS5 Pro package offers the most in terms of storage space and extras in the Stillwater range. Boasting four front drawers, one cross drawer, winder tray and deep base it has more than enough room for all your accessories.
The box comes complete with a solid square leg frame system with adjustable non-marking legs. It features three front drawers (one deep, two shallow) which feature foam filled sides to protect your gear and help keep it in place.
For the modern pole angler who fishes the same waters week in week out, or those just looking for a compact box, then the three-drawer box is ample as it is lightweight, practical, and just as comfy as the five-drawer version.
The Fox Flatliner bedchair was launched in 2011 and took the carp fishing world by storm and overnight changed the face for bedchair design forever. The beauty of the Flatliner design was that it had Cam Wheels that could be rotated 180-degrees so that they were completely out of the way when not required during a fishing situation, this was an age-old problem and it had been eradicated! Since the launch of the Flatliner more and more anglers have grown to appreciate the benefits of not having the cams in the way and in fact many anglers now don't even require the cams as they use a bedchair only for its bed functionality and not to also be used as a chair. With this in mind and taking into consideration the sheer number of anglers requesting a more compact, stripped back, lightweight sleeping option, Fox set about developing a new concept in bedchair design or should we say 'bed' design and the result is this stunning Flatliter concept that comes as a full system with a detachable sleeping bag.
Improve Your Coarse Fishing magazine Editor Kevin Green has passed away after a short illness. He was 40 years old.
Starting his career as a reporter on Angling Times in August 1994, Kevin was instrumental in many of the title’s biggest successes, leading the news team with big exclusives, must-read stories, and inspirational features.
His enthusiasm for the sport shone through in everything he did and he was handpicked to present, and star in, several TV series including Carp Crew, Predators, and Angling Times TV for Discovery Channel.
He was also the driving force behind the creation, launch, and editing of Angling Times’ UKCarp magazine, and for several years organised the Go Fishing Show at Birmingham’s National Exhibition Centre.
It was at the Go Fishing event where Kevin discovered his passion for coaching others – both young and old – and he worked tirelessly to encourage newcomers and teach fishing skills at many nationwide shows and events. These skills made him the perfect Editor for Improve Your Coarse Fishing, a position he took up in June 2005.
Each month he inspired readers with cutting-edge instruction and tactics, brilliant photography, and honest tackle reviews. In keeping with his passion for teaching, earlier this year he created and launched a nationwide Fish Camp scheme to inspire and help anglers of all abilities to catch more fish at their favourite fisheries.
As a talented angler himself, Kevin is perhaps remembered best for his carp fishing exploits and captures, but in truth he enjoyed all disciplines of the sport from fishing rivers for winter chub, to floatfishing for bream and perch on stillwaters and early season tench.
Born in Wigan, Kevin read politics at the University of Hull, and then moved to Peterborough to follow his passion for fishing at the Angling Times headquarters.
Steve Prentice, Managing Director of Sport & Angling for Improve’s parent company Bauer Media, said: “Kevin will be greatly missed by everyone at Bauer and he made a fantastic contribution to the angling division over the years. Our thoughts are with his family at this time.’
He leaves a wife, Joanne, and two children.
A celebration of Kevin’s life will appear in the July 16 issue of Angling Times.